This site will be presenting the documents and photos chronicling the Borough of Riverdale's history going back to the mid-17th Century, through the War for Independence, its incorporation as a borough in 1923 up to the present day. This is a work in progress and will be updated as the materials are prepared for this website. Happy learning!
Here are some of the documents generated at the founding of the Borough of Riverdale in 1923:
- Riverdale's First Budget after Incorporating in 1923
- The First Building Code for the Borough of Riverdale - 1925
Organization of the Fire Department
This is the ordinance under which the Riverdale Volunteer Fire Department was organized under the new Borough. Click here to view the Fire Department Organization document.
This is a copy of the Ordinance authorizing the purchase of the Riverdale Fire Department's 1926 Fire Truck. It is still owned by the Fire Department and comes out for special occasions. Click here to view.
A photo of this same truck is shown here, and it still runs! Click here to view.
Late 1940's - Early 1950's
The link below contains the following four documents from the Borough in 1949:
- A Borough Nurse's Report for November 1949.
- A Riverdale Library Report for the Year 1949.
- A Riverdale Court Report for the Year 1949.
- A Riverdale Fire Department Memo informing the Governing Body that James Busch had been appointed a second lieutenant on March 15, 1950.
John F. Post Residence
This is the John F. Post House as seen today. The home located at 41 Post Lane has been cared for and owned by Frank Serico since 1982.